Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Smoking With Belly Button Hernia

From" PARTIAL PORTRAITS "

Gitana Orange
Julio Romero de Torres
(Painting at the Museo de Bellas Artes de Murcia)


I
joy in the smile,
lament the pain,
doubt on the alleged truth, silence
word and the word in silence.

I
paradox, extravagance
perennial
the absolute dissatisfied Happy
and incorrigible.

I
which uncovers
and hiding,
which has lived all
and know the routines.

treasured patience I'm on tilt
impatient
which scandalized
superficial and that recoils at depth.

I'm escaping the ties that choke
,
and
that bridges the widening.

I am sad without truce, which
gives way because it has no place,
which lurks in the corners
enact it as their own,
which curls between
perplexities that sucked from the cradle.

I
which
become silent if they hurt me,
which always silent,
which hides the voice in the cacophony,
that speaks on inland rivers
that although navigable
few dare to tread.

I mean what I say
and what not say,
because my words have echoes that few know
transcribe.

I
in the decision to be
in the sovereignty of my surprise
and the orphans of my disappointment.

I do not know what I am.
without knowing who I am. No matter
while it remains.

0 comments:

Post a Comment